By Mario Neyerlin | Tuesday, February 25, 2020
This proof-of-concept clinical study was conducted at Copley Hospital in Morrisville, Vermont (U.S.) and followed 12 women with postmenopausal osteoporosis of the hip for up to seven years following treatment of one hip with AGN1 LOEP.
AGN1 Local Osteo-Enhancement Procedure (LOEP)* involves the preparation of an enhancement site within the proximal femur followed by an injection of a proprietary, resorbable implant material. The study showed that treatment led to a rapid, substantial and durable increase in the strength of the treated proximal femurs as measured by bone mineral density (via DXA) and finite element analysis. In all cases, treatment with AGN1 LOEP led to rapid new bone formation as shown by QCT. These results support further clinical study of LOEP in patients at very high risk of hip fracture. The manuscript was published first online on December 4th of 2019, is open access and can be read here.
*In the United States, the device used to perform AGN1 LOEP is investigational.
- New Pre-Clinical Data on OSSURE LOEP published in Journal of Orthopedic Research
- AgNovos Healthcare at WCO in Paris from April 4th - 7th, 2019
- AgNovos Healthcare will Participate in the Osteologie Kongress in Frankfurt from March 28th - 30th, 2019 presenting scientific lectures
- AgNovos Healthcare and ESCEO support YOUNG INVESTIGATORS at WCO in Paris
- ESCEO – AGNOVOS YOUNG INVESTIGATOR AWARD Reception
- AgNovos Healthcare participated at WCO in Paris from April 4th - 7th, 2019
- AgNovos Healthcare Participated in the Osteologie Kongress in Frankfurt from March 28th - 30th, 2019 presenting scientific lectures
- ESCEO-AgNovos Healthcare - Young Investigator Awards Presented at 2019 WCO-IOF-ESCEO Congress
- Young Investigator Awards Presented at 2019 WCO-IOF-ESCEO Congress