By Mario Neyerlin | Tuesday, February 25, 2020
A recent position paper by a working group for the International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF) and the European Society on the Clinical and Economic Aspects of Osteoporosis (ESCEO) defined the risk threshold for patients to be considered for available systemic and local treatments, including a Local Osteo-Enhancement Procedure (LOEP)*. The risk threshold varies by age and gender and can be determined using the FRAX risk assessment tool. The risk level of the potential treatment group for LOEP is the same as that being suggested for anabolic therapy. You can read more about the treatment selection algorithm here.
An earlier IOF and ESCEO treatment guidance for European women with post-menopausal osteoporosis was published in Osteoporosis International. That guidance document suggested patients at very high risk of hip fracture should be considered for LOEP treatment. That guidance document can be found here.
Physicians interested in learning more about LOEP should contact our medical affairs team.
*In the United States, the device used to perform AGN1 LOEP is investigational.
- New Pre-Clinical Data on OSSURE LOEP published in Journal of Orthopedic Research
- AgNovos Healthcare at WCO in Paris from April 4th - 7th, 2019
- AgNovos Healthcare will Participate in the Osteologie Kongress in Frankfurt from March 28th - 30th, 2019 presenting scientific lectures
- AgNovos Healthcare and ESCEO support YOUNG INVESTIGATORS at WCO in Paris
- ESCEO – AGNOVOS YOUNG INVESTIGATOR AWARD Reception
- AgNovos Healthcare participated at WCO in Paris from April 4th - 7th, 2019
- AgNovos Healthcare Participated in the Osteologie Kongress in Frankfurt from March 28th - 30th, 2019 presenting scientific lectures
- ESCEO-AgNovos Healthcare - Young Investigator Awards Presented at 2019 WCO-IOF-ESCEO Congress
- Young Investigator Awards Presented at 2019 WCO-IOF-ESCEO Congress
- AGN1 LOEP proof-of-concept clinical study published in Osteoporosis International
- LOEP recommended as treatment option for patients at very high risk of hip fragility fractures
- AgNovos Healthcare receives ethics committee approvals for the RESTORE study in Netherlands and Austria
- AgNovos Healthcare at Osteologie Kongress Salzburg in March 2020
- AgNovos Healthcare at WCO in Barcelona from April 2nd – 5th, 2020
- AgNovos Healthcare at 5th Alterstraumatologie Kongress Munich 2020