Study showing treatment of osteoporotic vertebrae with LOEP enhances biomechanical properties is published in Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery 2020
By Mario Neyerlin | Monday, March 2, 2020
The purpose of the study was to determine the biomechanical impact of treating intact osteoporotic vertebrae with a local osteo-enhancement procedure (LOEP)that includes injecting a proprietary tri-phasic, resorbable implant material (AGN1).
In the study, twenty-one intact cadaver vertebrae were sorted into three groups: treatment, sham, and control. The treatment group received AGN1 LOEP including a saline lavage, the sham group underwent LOEP without AGN1 injection and the control group was not operated upon. All vertebrae were then subjected to axial compression loading.
The study showed that AGN1 LOEP treatment led to an increase in strength with no change to stiffness. Failure load and displacement at failure of treated vertebrae was significantly higher than for the control and sham group.
Click here to read the manuscript.
- New Pre-Clinical Data on OSSURE LOEP published in Journal of Orthopedic Research
- AgNovos Healthcare at WCO in Paris from April 4th - 7th, 2019
- AgNovos Healthcare will Participate in the Osteologie Kongress in Frankfurt from March 28th - 30th, 2019 presenting scientific lectures
- AgNovos Healthcare and ESCEO support YOUNG INVESTIGATORS at WCO in Paris
- ESCEO – AGNOVOS YOUNG INVESTIGATOR AWARD Reception
- AgNovos Healthcare participated at WCO in Paris from April 4th - 7th, 2019
- AgNovos Healthcare Participated in the Osteologie Kongress in Frankfurt from March 28th - 30th, 2019 presenting scientific lectures
- ESCEO-AgNovos Healthcare - Young Investigator Awards Presented at 2019 WCO-IOF-ESCEO Congress
- Young Investigator Awards Presented at 2019 WCO-IOF-ESCEO Congress
- AGN1 LOEP proof-of-concept clinical study published in Osteoporosis International
- LOEP recommended as treatment option for patients at very high risk of hip fragility fractures
- AgNovos Healthcare receives ethics committee approvals for the RESTORE study in Netherlands and Austria
- AgNovos Healthcare at Osteologie Kongress Salzburg in March 2020
- AgNovos Healthcare at WCO in Barcelona from April 2nd – 5th, 2020
- AgNovos Healthcare at 5th Alterstraumatologie Kongress Munich 2020